Monday, February 13, 2006

Just A Rant :-)

When I had first started this blog, one of my desires was to have a place where I can finally put down all my bitterness with the way many things are going in India. So I intend to write this post to exactly that end.

First, I am tired of the negetivity we seem to live in. Seriously, the negetive media is bringing this society down. The bastards dwell in sensationalism and negetivity, because I am assuming the market researchers say thats what people watch most.

One of the worst things that India developed after we won independence is our politics. Its in every nook and corner of our land, and things in India usually don't get done without having a selfish, small person butting in because his/her ego demands it.

Outsiders, the ones from the developed world (the ones who'se money we're after :)), have a hard time trying to grasp this simple fact, that everybody in India thinks everybody else's business is also their business. See what i am trying to say? Its like the ladies brigade in a middle class mohalla. Housewives having nothing better to do indulge in lots of gossip and smalltalk. I don't know who said it where, but they said our society is like a catch of crabs, they all try to pull each other down.

I had trouble understanding that simile too, because crab fishing isn't really an Indian thing. So if you catch a lot of crabs and put them in a pile, they will all try to get to the top by pulling the crab in front down. I might add that i am really having a hard time typing crab and not crap, where my fingers inadvertently have been punching first.

But why the heck do I think I can make a difference in the status quo? Am I even getting somewhere in life? From the life I have lived in the past few weeks, I realize having to wait on an inefficient department in the US government really dents my pride and confidence. No wonder the immigration department is the worst department in the whole of government, but as my friend said, they probably want it that way. Fuck no they dont wan't us foreigners come in and take their jobs. Ah, developed world, So all-knowing yet so naive! We're coming for you fellows. We want all the luxuries you've been living in, and its really funny how globalization stops becoming the buzz word of your economic policy when some of your jobs go the other way. I guess it works as long as the third world money is flowing into the developed world, but I guess it can be a tad problematic if the dollerito goes the other way.

So talking about myself, I dont even know where I am going man! I've spent enough of my mom's money, and i think its time i started to make some of my own. But the immigration services, God bless their souls, are doing a great job frying my nerves. But as Bob Marley said, "captivity requireth from us a song." So i am going to sit back and listen to Sean Paul.

Coming back to the problems with India.........I just got back from a 20 minute break which involved food, change of clothes and other things, so now my thoughts are totally lost. I think this is a good time to call this rant to an end. But i'll be back. I have lots of em in store.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are welcome!