Thursday, August 06, 2009

creativity and laziness

I think i am a very creative person, but I also think that I am not doing enough to do justice to it. Sometimes I think that I think so much (!) that my mind is constantly flooded with random and strange thoughts that I feel should be put down on paper. Yet I am so lazy or do so little to actually do something about it that I lose a lot of my good thoughts.

Many writers, other creative kind of people have many ways of taking care of this. I have seen many people carry around a pen and paper with them, and i guess they keep filling it as and when necessary. Then there is this kind of people carrying dictaphones, and they keep taking oral notes, which is a good thing too. And then a lot of people are very dedicated to their writing, and make it a habit of writing regularly. However, I am so stupid that I don't do any of these things, and yet for some reason walk around as if I need to be praised for my 'special' abilities. My mom is such a meticulous person that no matter what, no matter where she is, she will make it a point to write in her diary every day. I only wish I could be more like her.

There is one activity that has facinated me for a long time, and that is writing down my dreams. I have heard and seen many people do it, and read a couple of stories about it, but I just seem unable to get down to it. There was actually a class presentation recently about how to collect your dreams on paper. One way of doing it was to wake up an hour earlier than your usual wake up time, and the remaining hour that you sleep will be broken and not as sound, and a fertile ground for very vivid dreams. Its actually true too. I think i have had some of my weirdest dreams when I feel the time to wake up is coming nearer.

Usually when I wake up, i remember some of my most vivid dreams, and I tell myself that sometime during the day, I will write them down, and yes, like i had mentioned earlier, i stupidly forget to do so, and eventually forget them during the course of the day.

My lethargy is even affecting this blog of mine, and I just can't seem to push myself to write anything. All I do is rant and rant, and even then, I do not write down what i rant about, and I just want to punch myself for it. I feel sorry for my friends who have to hear it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are welcome!