Thursday, January 26, 2006

Happy Republic Day

Today is the 57th Republic Day of this great nation of ours. I was lucky enough to listen to the President's address to the Nation on webcast, and now am able to catch breaking scenes of the Parade.

The commentator said that all these are new scenes, experiences for the King of Saudi Arabia, Abdullah Bin Aziz, and I am sure they must be. After all, he never gets to see women take part in public life in his country.
My heart fills with pride when i see our soldiers and workers from all parts of the country, belonging to all regiments, states take part in this grand parade, and despite all the negetivities around me, I know we are headed for better things.

Recently some English newspaper took a poll asking, "should the Republic Day Parade be scrapped?"
I have only one thing to say to the editor, I hope you are scrapped to a country where you have no freedom, have no culture and absolutely no national pride. This parade makes me swell with pride every year i see it, and terrorists have tried to sabotage it time and time again, but have failed.
This parade takes place in all state capitals of the country, and often the troubled states have had attacks, but let it not stop us from weeding the cancer amongst us. My wish for our government is that they grow balls to crush the enemies of this country with such ruthlessness that all little twerps around us who dare to mess with us always remember to say their last prayers before they set out to kill themselves because they know they ain't coming back alive.

Jai Hind.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are welcome!