Wednesday, January 11, 2006

welcome and what i hope to achieve

dear readers,

I don't entend to create something sensational here. I have often been told by my close friends and family that I have a way with words, and its a pity I dont spend enough time to put it all together. My hope is that this blog helps me achieve that to an extant.

Secondly, and i hope i speak for millions of us fellow Indians out there who have a dream for their country, their society and themselves, more often than not, my leaders, the people-in-charge in my nation have left me disillusioned, bitter and frustrated.
As an Indian residing in a developed nation, I dream every day of taking this same affluence and standard of living to India and help build an Indian dream.

Yet the Indian media offers me no hope. I read of grand projects, and even grander schemes by those responsible to scuttle them. While dirty politics and crime against society, our women in particular, make up the majority of the national media, there are but few rays of hope cropping up once in a while. I am lucky to be a member of a few Indian forums online where the like-minded members capture these rays and build on our collective confidence.

While i anticipate most of what I will post here will probably be ranting and whining, I also hope to offer my own insights to make things better and look forward to insights from other readers to add to my own knowledge and awareness.
In fact, I invite everyone else to be a part of my rantfest. If there is nobody to talk to, nothing to punch, come on ova!

In Japan, there are special rooms rented out to working professionals to help them vent their frustrations. These rooms are empty, but for the numerous glass dinner plates and other utensils for you to smash to your hearts content. In addition, the rooms are soundproof so that you can shout at the top of your lungs and let out all your bitterness. Well, i have no access to such a room, and this blog will definitely come in handy instead.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are welcome!