Tuesday, February 01, 2011

December India Telecom Data

Since I am in the telecom industry these days, a part of my job here has been to research the telecom industry in India and Africa. While research in Africa is quite difficult with fewer open source information sources other than the biggest telecom operators in that continent, India has a fairly robust industry with a number of associations and institutions outputting regular research and statistics on the industry. The two industry associations - COAI - Cellular Operators Association of India (a body of GSM service providers), and AUSPI - Association of Unified Telecom Service Providers of India (a body of CDMA and private wireline providers) provide monthly numbers on subscriber base and occasionally on ARPUs. The Telecom Regulatory Authority of India, or TRAI, is the main body regulating the sector in India, and is fairly active in research, publishing reports on a number of sectors, and topics, including 3G, rural telephony, urban/rural penetration etc. I try to follow their numbers regularly, and put out my own rudimentary graphs and snapshots.



I wasn't planning on putting in the November 2010 graph per operator but I suppose its a nice comparison to the December data so I will let it stay.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are welcome!