Sunday, February 06, 2011

Nice day on the locals today

Today was quite an outdoorsy day. Went to two landmarks of the city today, three actually, because two are adjacent to each other. I've been meaning to not spend my Sunday staying indoors like i've been doing lately, and I was fully determined to do something about it for real this time. So my first stop was Kala Ghoda, which is an art street in Colaba, adjacent to the historical South Bombay buildings and armed forces establishments. The second place was the Byculla Zoo, and the Mumbai City Museum next to it. While reading up on the zoo, I found out that Byculla was the name of the Portuguese King who once held that land.

The Kala Ghoda festival is on these days and it was a delight to walk on that street surrounded by wares from a multitude of small scale industries and NGO's, and a greater delight to see the brilliant sculptures there. However, I will leave this for the next post. So what comes in between the landmarks is the travel, and that was accomplished by the Western and Central railway locals. I always enjoy traveling on the locals on the weekends, when there isn't a large crowd, and there's no work for me to think about for that day. I've clicked photos of the locals before, and I think I should post them here in the future as well. Today I just want to post some photos I clicked today.


The one above is of two Western line trains crossing each other. I am on the one on its way to Churchgate.

The one above is of the Victoria Terminus, or the CST, as its known now.

and another of CST above.....
and the fast local we didn't end up taking, above. 

This one above is of the Churchgate station. Beautiful everytime I look at it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are welcome!